Skip to content

Venue: Committee Rooms, 2nd Floor, West Wing, Guildhall

Contact: Alistair MacLellan
tel.no.: 020 7332 1416  Email: alistair.maclellan@cityoflondon.gov.uk

Items
No. Item

1.

Apologies

Minutes:

Apologies were received from Deputy Jamie Ingham Clark, Chris Hayward and Deputy Philip Woodhouse.

 

The Chairman welcomed Deputy Edward Lord and Karina Dostalova to their first meeting of the Sub-Committee for 2019/20.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 1.

2.

Members' Declarations under the Code of Conduct in respect of items on the agenda

Minutes:

Andrew McMurtrie declared a non-pecuniary interest in relation to item 17 (City of London Primary Academy Islington) by virtue of being Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the City of London Academies Trust, and a non-pecuniary interest in relation to item 8 (Questions) where he intended to ask a question regarding St Lawrence Jewry, by virtue of being Chairman of the Benefices Sub (Culture, Heritage and Libraries) Committee. 

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 2.

3.

Gateway Approval Process pdf icon PDF 140 KB

To note the Gateway Approval process.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 3.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

RESOLVED, that the Gateway Approval Process be received.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 3.

4.

Minutes pdf icon PDF 80 KB

To agree the public minutes and summary of the meeting held on 29 May 2019.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 4.

Minutes:

RESOLVED, that the public minutes and non-public summary of the meeting held on 29 May 2019 be approved as a correct record.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 4.

5.

Actions pdf icon PDF 83 KB

Report of the Town Clerk.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 5.

Minutes:

Members considered a report of the Town Clerk regarding actions arising from previous meetings and the following points were made.

 

4/2019/P – Quarterly Framework Reports

 

·         At the request of the Chamberlain, Members agreed to receive the first quarterly report in September 2019.

 

6/2019/P – Gateway 5 Issue – Avondale Square Windows

 

·         In response to a question, the Town Clerk noted that this project would likely be reported to Members in July 2019.

 

16/2019/P – Costed Risk Provision

 

·         In response to a question, the Town Clerk advised that costed risk provision on new projects was being managed through liaison between the Corporate Programme Office, the Chamberlain’s Department, and the relevant project manager(s). The Town Clerk agreed to provide a note to Members outlining the current process.

 

17/2019/P – Project Management Academy (PMA)

 

·         In response to a question, the Town Clerk advised that the current delay in securing a go-live date for the PMA was being addressed through securing an external trainer, subject to internal approvals. In response to a further request, the Town Clerk agreed to provide a note to Members outlining the structure of officer-level governance.

 

29/2019/P – Terms of Reference

 

·         The Town Clerk noted that the amended terms of reference would be submitted to the July 2019 meeting of the Policy and Resources Committee for approval.

 

31/2019/P – All Change at Bank

 

·         The Town Clerk noted that the report regarding the Review of deferred schemes – All Change at Bank had been approved under urgency procedure on 7 June 2019 and that an update report would be submitted to Members in early 2020.

 

RESOLVED, that the report be received.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 5.

6.

Gateway 3/4 - Southwark Bridge South Viaduct Waterproofing pdf icon PDF 113 KB

Report of the Director of the Built Environment.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 6.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Members considered a Gateway 3/4 report of the Director of the Built Environment regarding Southwark Bridge South Viaduct Waterproofing and the following points were made.

 

·         The Director of the Built Environment commented that the project had benefited from lessons learned from the Park Street Bridge project.

 

·         In response to a request, the Town Clerk agreed to confirm the balance of the Bridge House Estates 50-year Repairs and Maintenance Fund outside of the meeting.

 

RESOLVED, that Members

·         Approve inclusion of waterproofing works to the north approach viaduct within the scope of works and to change the project name accordingly to “Southwark Bridge Approach Viaducts Waterproofing”

 

·         Approve progression of the design to Gateway 5 and invite tenders for the works.

 

·         Approve £134,000 funding (from identified sums within the Bridge House Estates BHE 50-year Repair & Maintenance Fund) to proceed to Gateway 5.

 

·         Approve the project budget of £1,725,000 including the Costed Risk Provision of £200,000, on the basis of recommended option 2.

 

·         Approve that delegated authority be given to Chief Officer at Gateway 5 to appoint the successful tenderer and to instruct the Comptroller and City Solicitor to enter into contract, should tenders be returned within budget.

 

·         Approve that delegated authority be given to Chief Officer following Gateway 5 to expend identified sums from the project risk register against specified risks.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 6.

7.

Gateway 3/4 Issue - London Bridge Waterproofing and Bearing Replacement pdf icon PDF 124 KB

Report of the Director of the Built Environment.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 7.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

Members considered a Gateway 3/4 Issue report of the Director of the Built Environment regarding London Bridge Waterproofing and Bearing Replacement and the following points were made.

 

·         In response to a question, the Director of the Built Environment replied that the timing change for the project was not expected to have any cost implications, but nevertheless the marketplace was unpredictable, so it was not possible to give any firm assurances.

 

RESOLVED, that the report be received and the change in start date for project works to March 2020 be noted.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 7.

8.

Questions on matters relating to the work of the Sub-Committee

Minutes:

St Lawrence Jewry

In response to a question, the City Surveyor noted that works were expected to commence on St Lawrence Jewry in January 2021. Noting comments from Members regarding the delays that had affected the project, the City Surveyor agreed to provide a project issues report to Members at their September 2019 meeting.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 8.

9.

Any other business that the Chairman considers urgent

Minutes:

There was no other business.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 9.

10.

Exclusion of the Public

MOTION - That under Section 100(A) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part I of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 10.

Minutes:

RESOLVED – That under Section 100(A) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part I of the Schedule 12A of the Act.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 10.

11.

Non-Public Minutes

To agree the non-public minutes of the meeting held on 29 May 2019.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 11.

Minutes:

RESOLVED, that the non-public minutes of the meeting held on 29 May 2019 be approved as a correct record.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 11.

12.

Non-Public Actions

Report of the Town Clerk.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 12.

Minutes:

Members considered a report of the Town Clerk regarding non-public actions.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 12.

13.

Portfolio Overview

Report of the Town Clerk.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 13.

Minutes:

Members considered a report of the Town Clerk providing a portfolio overview.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 13.

14.

Red Report - City of London Police HR Integrated Time Management and e-Expenses Project

Report of the Commissioner.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 14.

Minutes:

Members considered a report of the Commissioner regarding the HR Integrated Time Management and e-Expenses Project.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 14.

15.

Red Report - City of London Police Video Management System (iMS-DRS)

Report of the Commissioner.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 15.

Minutes:

Members considered a report of the Commissioner regarding the Video Management System (iMS-DRS) project.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 15.

16.

Gateway 5 Progress - Security Enhancements/Security Cross Cutting - Mansion House, Guildhall, Central Criminal Court and Barbican Centre

Report of the City Surveyor.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 16.

Minutes:

Members considered a Gateway 5 Progress report of the City Surveyor regarding the Security Enhancements/Security Cross Cutting – Mansion House, Guildhall, Central Criminal Court and Barbican centre project.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 16.

17.

Gateway 5 Issue - City of London Primary Academy Islington

Report of the City Surveyor.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 17.

Minutes:

Members considered a Gateway 5 Issue report of the City Surveyor regarding the City of London Primary Academy Islington project.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 17.

17a

Draft Minute of the Community and Children's Services Committee meeting held on 7 June 2019.

To receive the draft minute of the Community and Children's Services Committee regarding the Gateway 5 project report for City of London Primary Academy Islington.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 17a

Minutes:

RESOLVED, that the draft minute of the Community and Children’s Services Committee meeting held on 7 June 2019 regarding the Gateway 5 Issue report regarding the City of London Primary Academy Islington project be received.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 17a

18.

Gateway 5 Issue - City of London Freemen's School Enabling Works, Temporary Kitchen & Sports Hall Extension Risk Register Funding

Report of the City Surveyor.

 

This report was approved by the Board of Governors of the City of London Freemen’s School at its meeting on 6 June 2019 with a minor caveat that the Town Clerk will brief Members of the Sub-Committee on during non-public session.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 18.

Minutes:

Members considered a Gateway 5 Issue report of the City Surveyor regarding City of London Freemen’s School Enabling Works, Temporary Kitchen & Sports Hall Extension Risk Register Funding.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 18.

19.

Gateway 4 - 20/21 Aldermanbury - Future Use and Building Opportunities

Report of the City Surveyor.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 19.

Minutes:

Members considered a Gateway 4 report of the City Surveyor regarding 20/21 Aldermanbury – future use and building opportunities.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 19.

19a

Draft Minute of the Corporate Asset Sub (Finance) Committee meeting held on 5 June 2019

To receive a draft minute of the Corporate Asset Sub (Finance) Committee regarding Gateway 4 20/21 Aldermanbury Future Use and Opportunities.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 19a

Minutes:

RESOLVED, that the draft minute of the Corporate Asset Sub (Finance) Committee meeting held on 5 June 2019 regarding the Gateway 4 report of the City Surveyor regarding 20/21 Aldermanbury – future use and building opportunities be received.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 19a

20.

Gateway 5 - Central Criminal Court Plant Replacement: Phase 4

Report of the City Surveyor.

 

This report was approved by the Courts Sub (Policy and Resources) Committee at its meeting on 4 June 2019.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 20.

Minutes:

Members considered a Gateway 5 report of the City Surveyor regarding the Central Criminal Court Plant Replacement: Phase 4.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 20.

21.

Gateway 3/4 - Walbrook Wharf Electrical Infrastructure Upgrade including new Electric Vehicle Charging Points

Joint report of the City Surveyor and Director of the Built Environment.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 21.

Minutes:

Members considered a joint Gateway 3/4 report of the City Surveyor and Director of the Built Environment regarding the Walbrook Wharf Electrical Infrastructure Upgrade, including new Electric Vehicle Charging Points.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 21.

21a

Draft Minute of the Corporate Asset Sub (Finance) Committee meeting held on 5 June 2019.

To receive a draft minute of the Corporate Asset Sub (Finance) Committee regarding the Gateway 3/4 Walbrook Wharf Electrical Vehicle Infrastructure Upgrade.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 21a

Minutes:

RESOLVED, that the draft minute of the Corporate Asset Sub (Finance) Committee meeting held on 5 June 2019 regarding the joint Gateway 3/4 report of the City Surveyor and Director of the Built Environment regarding the Walbrook Wharf Electrical Infrastructure Upgrade, including new Electric Vehicle Charging Points be received.

 

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 21a

22.

Gateway 1/2/3/4 - Leadenhall Market - Phase 6 Cyclical External Repairs & Redecorations- City Fund

Report of the City Surveyor.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 22.

Minutes:

Members considered a Gateway 1/2/3/4 report of the City Surveyor regarding Leadenhall Market – Phase 6 Cyclical External Repairs & Redecorations – City Fund.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 22.

23.

Request for Delegated Authority - Bridge House Estates - Candlewick House, 116-126 Cannon Street, London, EC4

Report of the City Surveyor.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 23.

Minutes:

Members considered a report of the City Surveyor regarding a request for delegated authority for Bridge House Estates – Candlewick House, 116-126 Cannon Street, London, EC4.  

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 23.

24.

Request for Delegated Authority - Gateway 5 City of London School for Girls Roof Remediation Works

Report of the City Surveyor.

 

This request for delegated authority was approved by the Board of Governors of the City of London School for Girls at its meeting on 10 June 2019. The Town Clerk will update Members of the Projects Sub-Committee in non-public session at their meeting on 19 June 2019 on points made by the Board of Governors.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 24.

Minutes:

Members considered a report of the City Surveyor regarding a request for delegated authority for City of London School for Girls Roof Remediation Works.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 24.

25.

Gateway 6 - City's Estate - Creechurch House, 17 Bevis Marks, 37-45 Creechurch Lane and 28-30 Houndsditch, London EC3 - Closure of Project

Report of the City Surveyor.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 25.

Minutes:

Members considered a Gateway 6 report of the City Surveyor regarding City’s Estate – Creechurch House, 17 Bevis Marks, 37-45 Creechurch Lane and 28-30 Houndsditch, London, EC3 – Close of Project.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 25.

26.

Gateway 5 Issue - City of London Freemen's School Main House Enabling Works

Report of the City Surveyor.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 26.

Minutes:

Members considered a Gateway 5 Issue report of the City Surveyor regarding City of London Freemen’s School Main House Enabling Works.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 26.

27.

Report on Action Taken

Report of the Town Clerk.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 27.

Minutes:

Members considered a report of the Town Clerk regarding action taken since the last meeting.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 27.

28.

Non-Public Questions on matters relating to the work of the Sub-Committee

Minutes:

There were no non-public questions.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 28.

29.

Any other business that the Chairman considers urgent and which the Sub-Committee agree should be considered whilst the public are excluded

Minutes:

There were two items of other business.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 29.

 


Back to top of page