Agenda and draft minutes

Venue: VIRTUAL MEETING – ACCESSIBLE REMOTELY

Contact: Rofikul Islam  Email: rofikul.islam@cityoflondon.gov.uk

Items
No. Item

1.

Apologies

Minutes:

Apologies were received from Sylvia Moys, Tim Levene and Deputy Hugh Morris.

 

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 1.

2.

Members' Declarations under the Code of Conduct in respect of items on the agenda

Minutes:

There were no declarations.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 2.

3.

Minutes of the previous meeting pdf icon PDF 167 KB

To agree the public minutes and non-public summary of the meeting held on 3 July 2020.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 3.

Minutes:

 

RESOLVED -  That the public minutes and non-public summary of the meeting held on 3 July 2020 be approved as an accurate record.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 3.

4.

Forward plan pdf icon PDF 67 KB

Report of the Chamberlain.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 4.

Minutes:

The Sub-Committee was informed  that a presentation will be provided at the next meeting.   

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 4.

5.

Outstanding actions from previous meetings pdf icon PDF 86 KB

Joint report of the Town Clerk and the Chamberlain.

 

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 5.

Minutes:

The Sub-Committee noted a joint report of the Town Clerk and the Chamberlain which provided updates of outstanding actions from previous meetings. The report also provided information of the Sub-Committee’s proposed work plan for forthcoming meetings.

 

RESOLVED – That the Sub-Committee noted the report.

 

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 5.

6.

Design, build, support and hosting for new website pdf icon PDF 71 KB

Report of the Director of Communications.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 6.

Minutes:

The Sub-Committee received a report of the Director of Communications on the design, build, support and hosting for the new website. The Chairman noted that there were a range of issues being reported, including content missing in the planning department and search issues. It was acknowledged that there were problems with Google’s ability to index some City of London pages.

 

The Deputy Chairman raised concerns with the new website which had not captured historical data such as the elections results.

 

The Project Manager for the website responded that there is a crossover of this, as the microsite has all the elections pages and had consulted with page owners to confirm this. Additionally, the Mod.gov website which includes the committee papers has a crossover between main pages as well.

 

A Member noted that it was agreed that Mod.Gov was to be replaced. The Director of IT agreed to take this offline and inform the Sub-Committee once this had been completed.

 

The Chairman had requested a report on how many pages on the website has been be eliminated. The Project Manager for the website informed the Sub-Committee that a report can be put together for the next meeting of the Sub-Committee to break this down. At a high level there were 3500 pages on the old website and 1500 pages on the new website.

 

RESOLVED – That the Sub-Committee noted the report.

 

 

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 6.

7.

Information Management Programme Progress Update and Deep Dive pdf icon PDF 243 KB

Report of the Chamberlain.

 

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 7.

Minutes:

The Sub-Committee received a report of the Town Clerk on the Information Management Programme Progress Update and Deep Dive.

 

The Sub-Committee was informed that the report will be shared with the Audit and Risk Committee. The projects to mitigate the IM Corporate risk are making progress although this was slowed down by diversion of resources at the start of COVID-19.

 

The Deputy Chairman praised the set of principles and noted that it will be useful to revisit the principles and measure the progress against them for the City of London’s digital services. The Director of IT mentioned that the Department is putting together a dashboard to produce some metrics and can bring this to Sub-Committee on a quarterly basis.

 

Furthermore, the Chairman noted that a few of the important projects in support of this effort had been approved in the capital bid rounds.

 

RESOLVED – That the Sub-Committee noted the progress update contained in the report and continues to support delivery of the programme in principle, standing ready to intervene practically when requested.

 

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 7.

8.

IT Application Roadmap Update pdf icon PDF 93 KB

Report of the Chamberlain.

 

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 8.

Minutes:

The Sub-Committee received a report of the Chamberlain on the IT Application Roadmap Update.

 

The Sub-Committee was informed that the current Housing Management System is provided by Orchard but at present there is a current inflight project to transition to Civica’s CX. The original proposal to go live date was October 2020 but due to COVID -19 this has now been moved to February 2021. The Chair asked to be kept up to date on progress. The Deputy Director of IT (Delivery) agreed to provide future updates outside of the meeting.

 

RESOLVED – That the Sub-Committee noted the report.

 

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 8.

9.

IT Division - IT Service Delivery Summary pdf icon PDF 347 KB

Report of the Chamberlain.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 9.

Minutes:

The Sub-Committee received a report of the Chamberlain on the IT Division - IT Service Delivery Summary.

 

A Member noted that the Sub-Committee does not usually hear about the Members experience of IT issues and suggested that this should be investigated, particularly as Members now rely more heavily on IT services.   The Chairman commented that Officers can go through the Service Desk and get a ticket number, but Members do not get a ticket number.  The Director of IT confirmed that tickets are raised by the VIP support unit when a Member logs an issue which is subsequently investigated by the Technology Support IT team. It was suggested that Members be copied on tickets raised on their behalf.

 

A Member raised a concern that Members can be seen on screen not concentrating in meetings and it would be good to remind Members that they are being watched at the start of the meeting.

 

The Sub-Committee was informed that the IT Services received the Public Services Network Accreditation which is part of the risk management process for accessing National Government systems. This was achieved with limited challenge from the National Government Cabinet Office.

 

The Chairman thanked the Officers involved with the process.

 

RESOLVED – That the Sub-Committee noted the report. 

 

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 9.

10.

IT Division Risk Update pdf icon PDF 355 KB

Report of the Chamberlain.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 10.

Minutes:

The Sub-Committee received a report of the Chamberlain on the IT Division Risk Update.

 

A Member raised concerns as to the YouTube Channel for the City of London committee meetings unexpectedly dropped out of service from a live session for a few minutes during the voting session of the Court of the Common Council. The Director of IT agreed to look further into the matter but noted that the incident was due a laptop malfunctioning and assured the Sub-Committee that Officers are now exploring ways to reduce points of potential failure. 

 

This was followed by another Member who commented that considering the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg ruling that the agreement, known as Privacy Shield, did not comply with European privacy rights. The ruling affects big tech companies like Facebook and Google, as well as thousands of other multinational businesses. The Member asked if any of the City of London’s contractors are affected on the data transfer ruling, as at present more than 100 complaints have been logged with regulators on this.

 

The Deputy Head of IT (Delivery) responded that the Department has carried out some work on this with the Comptroller and City Solicitor. The majority of the City of London’s contracts are with Microsoft which stores most of the data within the United Kingdom with the possibility of a small number of contactors who may be storing out of the United Kingdom.  It was noted that the Privacy Shield expired on 16 august 2020.

 

A Member noted that the City of London holds a lot of data in various programs. It may be leaving our shores by merit of how apps are structured. There is a need to provide an assurance that any contractors don’t’ just rely on privacy shield as they could put the City of

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 10.

11.

Questions on matters relating to the work of the Sub Committee

Minutes:

There were no questions.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 11.

12.

Any Other Business that the Chairman considers urgent

Minutes:

A Member queried that if the application programming interface (API) integrations with EU organisations and their systems had been taken into consideration as part of the Brexit decommissioning process. The Chairman replied that as the City of London have employees based in Brussels whose data is stored in the UK this is an issue being reviewed but it should not be a problem. Another Member commented that the City of London has a City Facebook account, Facebook is relying on privacy shield so can become an issue.

 

This was followed by second question from the Member who asked if the City of London’s Digital services team is working together with the Government on the contact tracing App which is being launched soon.  The Director of IT noted that the IT Division has not had any involvement with the National Government Contact and Tracing Application. The Director of IT agreed to find out if Public Health colleagues have had any involvement.

 

A Member asked if there has been an increase of internet phishing during the COVID-19. The Sub-Committee was informed that since the lockdown internet phishing has increased dramatically. 

 

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 12.

13.

Exclusion of the Public

MOTION - That under Section 100(A) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public be excluded from the meeting for the following items on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part I of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 13.

Minutes:

 

RESOLVED - That under Section 100(A) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public be excluded from the meeting for the following items on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in Part I of the Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act.

 

Item No.                                                 Exempt Paragraphs

 

Paragraph(s) in Schedule 12A

13

14

15

16

17

17A

18

19

3

3

3

3

3

3

3

3

                           

 

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 13.

14.

Non-public minutes of the previous meeting

To agree the non-public minutes of the meeting held on 3 July 2020.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 14.

Minutes:

RESOLVED -  That the Sub-Committee considered and approved the non-public minutes of the meeting held on 3 July 2020 as an accurate record.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 14.

15.

Replacement of the Computer Aided Facilities Management System

Report of the City Surveyor.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 15.

Minutes:

The Committee considered a report of the City Surveyor on the Replacement of the Computer Aided Facilities Management System.

 

 

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 15.

16.

Pension Administration System Procurement

Report of the Chamberlain.  

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 16.

Minutes:

The Sub-Committee considered a report of the Chamberlain on the Pension Administration System Procurement.

 

 

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 16.

17.

Information Security Risks

Minutes:

The Sub-Committee considered a report of the Chamberlain on the CR 16 Information Security Risk. Members were informed although the report was for noting there is also a decision which is required from the Sub-Committee.

 

 

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 17.

17a

CR 16 Information Security Risk

Report of the Chamberlain.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 17a

Minutes:

The Sub-Committee received an oral update on IT Security and Remote Working from the from the Director of Information & CISO at City of London Police.

 

 

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 17a

18.

IT Security and Remote Working (Slides and Verbal Update)

Commissioner of the City of London Police to be heard.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 18.

Minutes:

The Sub-Committee received an oral update on IT Security and Remote Working from the from the Head of Police IT (Interim).

 

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 18.

19.

Police IT Programmes Update

Minutes:

The Sub-Committee recived of a presanetion of the Commsisioner of the City of London Police on the Police IT Programmes Update.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 19.

20.

IT Services 2020 programme update

Report of the Chamberlain.

 ...  view the full agenda text for item 20.

Minutes:

The Sub Committee received a report the Chamberlain on the IT Services 2020 programme update.

 

 

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 20.

21.

Non-public questions on matters relating to the work of the Sub Committee

Minutes:

Two non-public questions were raised.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 21.

22.

Any Other Business that the Chairman considers urgent and which the Sub Committee agree should be considered whilst the public are excluded

Minutes:

One item was discussed.

 ...  view the full minutes text for item 22.