Report of the Town Clerk.
Members received the Sub Committee’s outstanding actions list and noted the
· A government official would be invited to speak at the meeting of the Sub Committee on 1st October 2020 in respect of individuals without recourse to public funds.
· In respect of a proposal to publicise photographs of individuals who had received Criminal Behaviour Orders (CBOs), Members were assured that CBOs were a last resort, applied in response to persistent criminal behaviour. However, Members were concerned that this action might capture vulnerable people who were being exploited. A report outlining protocols on this matter would be provided to the Safer City Partnership, Police Authority Board and Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Sub Committee before any further action was taken in respect of publishing photographs.
· The Rough Sleeping Outreach Service Update report, which would be presented to the 24 July 2020 meeting of Community and Children’s Services Committee, would also be circulated to those Members of the Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Sub Committee who are not also Members of the Community and Children’s Services Committee. [it was clarified following the meeting that the Stage 2 report for the Rough Sleeping Service would not be presented to the Community and Children’s Services Committee; however, the report would be circulated to the Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Sub Committee when available].
· The City of London Police update provided at item 8 today would be provided with the minutes to this meeting.
· A report on the Community Trigger process would be presented to a future meeting of the Sub Committee. The Head of Community Safety also agreed to compile the engagement undertaken with the ‘101’ Service in respect of a case reported earlier in the year.
· All future press releases regarding homeless accommodation arrangements would be circulated to Committee Members. Members noted that they could ask the Media Team to include them in an email distribution list, alerting them to new press releases.