Commissioner of the City of London Police to be heard.
During the Inspector’s update, the following points were noted:
· Government funding had been extended to the end of the calendar year in order to provide a dedicated PC and PCSO to work with the City of London Corporation’s officers on rough sleeping, anti-social behaviour and begging.
· An action plan had been requested by the Chairman of the Safer City Partnership in respect of shared recording and information systems between the City of London Corporation and the City of London Police.
· A summary of the new structure for Community Policing was being designed under the force’s Transform change programme and this included a focus on crime prevention and addressing local issues.
· Operation Luscombe had been suspended due to reduced staffing as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic but would re-start in due course.
· The Inspector had attended the Rough Sleepers Strategy Group meeting earlier today, led by the City of London Corporation. The work done in response to the ‘Everyone in’ announcement by the Government was very impressive and the government’s commitment to extend the scheme beyond next month had been well received.
RESOLVED, that – the update be noted.