Report of the Commissioner.
Members considered a report of the Commissioner regarding performance against measures end of year 2018/19 for the Policing Plan 2018-20 and the following points were made.
· The Assistant Commissioner noted that there was a rise in recorded crime with an extra 3.7 crimes committed per day. This reflected in part better recording techniques but also a real term increase in violent crime.
· The Assistant Commissioner added that at the time of going to print, data had not been available for Measure 10 (level of victim satisfaction with the service provided by the City of London Police) due to GDPR but that this issue had now been resolved.
· In response to a comment from a Member, the Assistant Commissioner noted that the Force was among the top six forces rated for integrity of crime according to the National Crime Recording Standard.
· In response to a question, the Chairman noted that increase in crime associated with the Night Time Economy (NTE) could be addressed at least in part by the Night Time Levy (NTL). The Assistant Commissioner added that the NTL brought in £330,000 in the City of London, although it would be appropriate to review the formula used to allocate those monies in light of NTE crime and disorder becoming a larger issue.
· In response to a question, the Assistant Commissioner agreed to provide more detail on the use of the SOS Bus from Essex to Members outside of the meeting.
· A Member commented that a recorded positive outcome did not equate to a prosecution.
RESOLVED, that the report be received.