Report of the Director of Learning & Engagement.
Members considered an update report of the Director of Learning & Engagement regarding the Barbican Guildhall Creative Alliance and the following points were made.
· The Director of Learning & Engagement noted that progress was being made across the two organisations and that the 14-25 year-old age group was particularly promising. A resident management plan had now been adopted.
· A Member cautioned against making any decisions that would be dependent on the delivery of the Centre for Music. The Director of Learning & Engagement noted that the School had been asked to put forward ideas on the assumption that the Centre for Music would proceed.
· The Director of Learning & Engagement noted that future iterations of the report would include more elements of self-review and assessments of initiatives.
· A Member welcomed the report and noted that it was refreshing to see evidence of joint-working between the School and the Barbican Centre.
· A Member suggested that responsible officers should be allocated to each objective. The Director of Learning & Engagementagreed to issue an update on the role of Member champions.