Joint report of the Chamberlain and the Director of Open Spaces
The Committee considered a joint report of the Chamberlain and Director of Open Spaces regarding the Departmental and Service Committee Budget Estimates and high-level summary Business Plan 2020/21 for the Open Spaces Department.
Members were advised that the budget was broadly equal to the current budget despite the Fundamental Review.
The Superintendent was happy to confirm the East Heath Carpark resurfacing project was approved at the recent Resource Allocation Sub Committee meeting. It was noted that Capital Project bids for 2020/21 had been resubmitted for the East Heath Car Park Resurfacing, Queens Park Public Toilet Rebuild and Parliament Hill Athletics Track Resurfacing.
In response to a query concerning a reduction in the provision for the Cyclical Works Programme (CWP) and whether this was sufficient to cover these costs, Members were advised that the CWP Programme spanned over three years which accounted for the differences and that the project costs were monitored by the Corporate Asset Sub Committee. Members indicated that they needed to be kept aware of any projects that were slipping and the reasons why. Members were advised that there had been a recent prioritisation of projects on public delivery, e.g. toilets, playgrounds, but that the RAG ratings were reviewed and reprioritised quarterly.
RESOLVED – That Members:-
· review and approve the Hampstead Heath, Highgate Wood and Queens Park Committee’s proposed revenue budget for 2020/21 for submission to Finance Committee;
· review and approve the Hampstead Heath, Highgate Wood and Queens Park Committee’s capital and supplementary revenue projects budgets for 2020/21 for submission to Finance Committee;
· authorise the Chamberlain in consultation with the Director of Open Spaces to revise these budgets to allow for any further implications arising from the Fundamental Review, Corporate Projects, other reviews and changes to the Cyclical Works Programme;
· agree that minor amendments for 2019/20 and 2020/21 budgets arising during budget setting be delegated to the Chamberlain;
· note the final draft high-level summary Department Business Plan for 2020/21.