Report of the Director of Open Spaces.
Members considered a Gateway 1/2/3/4/5 report of the Director of Open Spaces regarding Tower Bridge – Replacement of Defective Bridge Driving Machinery Hydraulic Components and the following points were made.
· The Chairman noted that a full replacement solution would cost in the region of £14m-£20m excluding risk.
· The Chamberlain noted that City Procurement was content that the recommended option was the only viable solution.
RESOLVED, that Members,
· Approve Option 2 (Replacement of Defective Bridge Driving Machinery);
· Note the total estimated cost of the project at £1,151,565 (excluding risk),
· Approve a revised budget of £1,151,565 to get to the next gateway (excluding risk),
· Approve a Costed Risk Provision of £114,000 (to be drawn down via delegation to Chief Officer),
· Approve the use of a sole supplier waiver, Bosch Rexroth Limited, as per the recommended option.