Report of the City Surveyor
To be considered in conjunction with the non-public appendix at Item 17.
The Sub Committee considered a Gateway 4c report of the City Surveyor regarding the Tower Bridge HV System Replacement and Increasing Resilience project. In response to a question from a Member, the City Surveyor advised that closure of the bridge was not currently anticipated but there may be some road closure involved, for which engagement with TfL was underway. Officers noted some concerns voiced by Members regarding the risks and possible delays attached to the required processes for enacting closures and advised this was something currently under discussion.
RESOLVED – That the Projects Sub Committee:
1. Agree that additional budget of £128,115 is approved for professional fees to progress from Gateway 4c to Gateway 5;
2. Agree that a Costed Risk Provision of £335,000 is approved to progress from Gateway 4c to Gateway 5. (to be drawn down via delegation to Chief Officer);
3. Note the revised project budget of £888,270 (excluding risk);
4. Note the total estimated cost of the project at £5,687,003(excluding costed risk); this is a decrease of £112,997 since the previous report; and
5. Note the total estimated cost of the project at £7,872,003(including £2,185,000 costed risk); this is a decrease of £527,997 since the previous report.