Report of the Director of the Built Environment.
Members considered a Gateway 3/4 report of the Director of the Built Environment regarding Southwark Bridge South Viaduct Waterproofing and the following points were made.
· The Director of the Built Environment commented that the project had benefited from lessons learned from the Park Street Bridge project.
· In response to a request, the Town Clerk agreed to confirm the balance of the Bridge House Estates 50-year Repairs and Maintenance Fund outside of the meeting.
RESOLVED, that Members
· Approve inclusion of waterproofing works to the north approach viaduct within the scope of works and to change the project name accordingly to “Southwark Bridge Approach Viaducts Waterproofing”
· Approve progression of the design to Gateway 5 and invite tenders for the works.
· Approve £134,000 funding (from identified sums within the Bridge House Estates BHE 50-year Repair & Maintenance Fund) to proceed to Gateway 5.
· Approve the project budget of £1,725,000 including the Costed Risk Provision of £200,000, on the basis of recommended option 2.
· Approve that delegated authority be given to Chief Officer at Gateway 5 to appoint the successful tenderer and to instruct the Comptroller and City Solicitor to enter into contract, should tenders be returned within budget.
· Approve that delegated authority be given to Chief Officer following Gateway 5 to expend identified sums from the project risk register against specified risks.