Report of the Director of Open Spaces.
Members considered a report of the Director of Open Spaces regarding Hampstead Heath, Highgate Wood, Queen’s Park Risk and Risk Management and the following points were made.
· In response to a query from a Member, the Superintendent agreed to review the wording around some risks, given there was a perceived disjoint between some risk indicators remaining unchanged despite being rated lower than previously.
· In response to a question from a Member, the Open Spaces Business Manager confirmed that reputational risk had been factored into overall risk assessments.
· In response to a question from a Member, the Open Spaces Business Manager noted that Members would have the opportunity to monitor the risk register twice each year, and that exceptional risks would be brought to the attention of the Committee as and when they arose.
· In response to a question from a Member, the Superintendent replied that he had appointed planning consultants to monitor planning applications both adjacent to the Heath and covering a wider area where any applications would have an impact i.e. on strategic views. Outcomes of any planning risks identified would be reported to the Committee at each meeting.
RESOLVED, that Members
· Note the Risk Scoring Grid;
· Note the Departmental Risk Register;
· Approve the Hampstead Heath, Highgate Wood and Queen’s Park Risk Register.