Report of the Superintendent of Hampstead Heath.
Members considered a report of the Superintendent of Hampstead Heath regarding the Hampstead Heath and Highgate Wood Café Lease Options Appraisal. The Superintendent noted that the proposed option regarding jointly monitoring performance was outlined in paragraph 8 rather than 7 as detailed in the report recommendations. The following points were made.
· In response to a question, the Superintendent replied that the renegotiation envisaged was over the timing of leases.
· A Member expressed concern over the likelihood that the leases would come up for renewal around the time of the next City elections in 2021. The Chairman responded that the discussions to date, including those of the Café Working Party, had been conducted in public. Therefore transparency was not an issue and would unlikely be an issue during City elections. Moreover, as noted by the Deputy Chairman, any renegotiation of leases would be conducted well in advance of the election period.
· In response to questions, the Superintendent noted that the joint monitoring process would include two representatives from the Café Working Party – with the Working Party being able to nominate those two representatives on a rolling basis.
RESOLVED, that Members,
· Note the outcomes of the public engagement and consultation undertaken and the role of the Café Working Party;
· Note the view of the Hampstead Heath Consultative Committee and Highgate Wood Joint Consultative Committee
· Agree the Service Standards and Performance Indicators as detailed in Appendix 2;
· Agree the proposed option regarding the leases as detailed in paragraphs 15 and 18.