There was one item of AOB:
COL Sport and Physical Activity Strategy 2019-23
Members considered a supplementary report of the Head of Corporate Strategy and Performance providing Members with the proposed final version of the City of
London Corporation’s Sport and Physical Activity Strategy for 2019-2023. The following points were made:
· The Chairman advised Members that the Strategy went to the Health and Wellbeing Board on 26 April 2019 who expressed disappointment.
· A Member (London Council for Recreation and Sport) felt the Strategy was principally about the Square Mile and City of London residents.
· It was suggested by a Member (Representative of Clubs using facilities on the Heath) that the Strategy was passive rather than reactive.
· A Member noted the vague economic comments regarding investment in sport and felt that quantification was needed to show the benefits.
· It was noted that the Sports Advisory Group was not listed despite providing feedback on the Strategy.
· The Chairman confirmed that they would write to the report authors to express that the Committee did not feel the Strategy went far enough or adequately covered all of the Corporation’s Open Spaces.