Report of the Commissioner.
Members considered a report of the Commissioner regarding Revenue and Capital Budget Outturn 2018/19 and the following points were made.
· The Chairman welcomed the delivery of £3.1m of in-year savings and noted that he would welcome changes to future report formats to ensure a greater granularity of detail for Members.
· In response to a question from a Member regarding how sustainable a freeze on recruitment was, the Assistant Commissioner noted that the freeze on Force staff recruitment had been relaxed, and that the freeze was due in part to the Transform programme.
· In response to a question, the Assistant Commissioner noted that the Force was working through a new recharging model for the Economic Crime Directorate.
· In response to a question, the Assistant Commissioner confirmed that there were some discrepancies in the reported £1.2m overspend that were due to the drive to achieve strategic policing obligations.
· In response to a comment from a Member, the Chairman noted that a report regarding Ethical Partnerships was being prepared for submission to the Police Authority Board meeting on 11 July 2019.
· In response to a question, the Financial Services Director committed to providing a response regarding the write off of aged debt outside of the meeting.
RESOLVED, that the report be received.