Other members representing this Ward:
Members' Post Room
PO Box 270
Peter is a serial entrepreneur, business leader and communicator with extensive experience at PLC board level having been a director of 10 public companies, chairing 6 of these including 7 years as Chairman and CEO of an AIM quoted construction and FM business, which he founded.
Peter is currently:
· Chairman of Proven Planned Exit VCT PLC;
· Non-Executive Director of Puma VII VCT PLC, (both of which are listed on the Official List of the London Stock Exchange);
· Chairman of New Gresham FM Ltd;
· A UKTI Catalyst Member (1 of only 120 in the country);
· An Advisor to the Financial Services Organisation of UKTI. In 2015 he was commissioned to write a series of reports on Financial Services opportunities in Latin America and separately to report on the business delegations of the Lord Mayor’s overseas visits.
Peter has considerable experience in PLC corporate governance, both quoted and unquoted, and is a recognised ‘deal doer’. He is a keen and astute supporter of the enterprise culture, both private sector as well as not for profit. He mentors and advises a number of entrepreneurs as well as investing himself.
As part of Peter’s duties as an Alderman for the Ward of Aldgate; he is the inaugural Chairman of the City’s £20m Social Investment Fund as well as the other committees listed above.
Peter is closely involved in a number of charities, having been the Chairman of the Waterloo 200 Banquet Committee which raised funds for both ABF – The Soldiers Charity and the Prince Albert Scholarship scheme. He is now the Chairman of the National Army Museum’s Waterloo 200 Legacy Committee as well as being an Appeal Patron of Sea Change Sailing Trust and a finance committee member of ABF – The Soldiers Charity. He is also on the Lord Mayor’s Appeal Committee and the Lord Mayor’s Big Curry Lunch Committee. He is a Justice of the Peace on the supplemental list.
Peter is on the Court of the Worshipful Company of Woolmen and is a Founding Freeman of the Guild of Entrepreneurs, where he is Upper Warden. He lives during the week near Aldgate and walks through the Ward on most days. He is married to Fidelma and between them, they have four children all of whom work in and around the City. His interests include sailing, motorcycling and aviation.