Report of the Commissioner.
Members considered a HMICFRS Inspection Update report of the Commissioner and the following points were made.
· The Chairman noted that on-site HMICFRS inspections had ceased during lockdown. He felt that the progress made on recommendations outlined within the report was healthy, with those outstanding due for completion within six months.
· The Commissioner noted that the purpose of the report was to provide Members with assurance that the Force took HMICRS recommendations seriously. On-site inspections were not expected to recommence before the end of 2020.
· In response to a comment, the Commissioner reassured Members that work to address PEEL 2018/19 Recommendation (2) Feedback from vulnerable victims had been refocused following its extension to June 2020 and that concrete progress would take place imminently.
· In response to a comment regarding the collection of equality data (Crime Data Integrity Inspection 2019 Recommendation (5)) the Commissioner replied that the Force had started collecting data around age and gender, and software and procedures were being updated to allow the collection of data regarding race and disability.
· In terms of Integrated Offender Management Recommendation 9 and further inputs for safeguarding the ‘voice of the child’, the Commissioner agreed to provide feedback to the Lead Member outside of the meeting.
RESOLVED, that the report be received.