The Chair to be heard.
The Chair provided the Board with a verbal update on the following areas:
· The success of the Police Authority Dinner held on 9 September 2021.
· The good output from the Strategic Communications and Engagement Plan, including monthly updates to PCCs.
· The Force and Authority were both making representations on the Online Safety Bill. There had been a push from stakeholders, trade and victim bodies, to see fraud included within that.
· Member engagement had increased through updates from the Sector Policing Teams. There was a desire to establish local panels and the Force was working with the Authority to clarify some of the details around that – but the initiative was welcomed.
· Further Member engagement took place in the form of briefings ahead of the Extinction Rebellion (XR) protests in August-September. The Force demonstrated strong partnership working, with good communication with the business community in particular. Further work to improve communications with residents was being explored and real progress had been made.
A Member commented on the increased social media presence from the Chair of the Board, which was a positive addition to the communications piece.
RESOLVED, that the update be noted.