Joint report of the Director of the Built Environment and the City Surveyor.
The Committee considered a joint Gateway 5 report of the Director of the Built Environment and the City Surveyor relative to Barnyard House Car Park - Ventilation and Smoke Clearance system.
RESOLVED - That, the Committee:
• Approve the total project sum of £640,777 including fees, surveys, staff costs, and preconstruction activities already expended
• Note that funding for this scheme from the On-Street Parking Reserve was approved in principle as part of the 2020/21 annual capital bid round and that draw-down is subject to the further approval of the Resource Allocation Sub and Policy and Resources Committees
• Agree that the tender received from the SW Bruce Ltd in the sum of £598,777 is approved and they are appointed to undertake the work
• Authorise the Comptroller and City Solicitor enter into a contract with SW Bruce Ltd.
• Approve the risk budget of £65,000 to cover design developments and asbestos, (to be drawn down via delegation to Chief Officer).