Report of the Director of the Built Environment
The Sub Committee considered a report of the Director of the Built Environment regarding a Climate Action Strategy programme to develop climate resilient streets and open spaces in the Square Mile. The Chairman introduced the item and advised that funding for the project had been allocated via the Climate Action Strategy and On Street Parking Reserve.
In response to a question from a Member, the Director of the Built Environment advised whilst LB Camden was the only local authority named within the stakeholder engagement plan, engagement with other local authorities through partnership groups, and the stakeholder engagement plan could be updated to reflect this.
RESOLVED – That the Projects Sub Committee:
1. Agree that budget of £320,000 is approved for:
• Programme framework development (4-year programme)
• Climate resilience measures catalogue
• Installation of smart sensors and data protocols for monitoring
• Opportunity mapping and gap analysis for climate resilience solutions
• Identification and prioritisation of sites;
This is a capitalised resource against the proceeding capital Works;
2. Note the total estimated cost of the Cool Streets and Greening project at £1.7M for Year 1. The remaining funds will be for installation of resilience measures in priority sites and will be subject to Gateway 3,4 & 5 approvals; and
3. Note that the likely cost range for the Cool Streets & Greening 4-year programme will be an estimated £1.7M per annum over 4 years – Total £6.8M.