Report of the Director of the Built Environment
The Sub Committee considered a report of the Director of the Built Environment regarding a Climate Action Strategy programme to develop climate resilient streets and open spaces in the Square Mile.
RESOLVED – That the Streets & Walkways Sub Committee:
1. Agree that a budget of £320,000 is approved for:
• Programme framework development (4-year programme)
• Climate resilience measures catalogue
• Installation of smart sensors and data protocols for monitoring
• Opportunity mapping and gap analysis for climate resilience solutions
• Identification and prioritisation of sites.
This is a capitalised resource against the proceeding capital works;
2. Note the total estimated cost of the Cool Streets and Greening project at £1.7M for Year 1. The remaining funds will be for installation of resilience measures in priority sites and will be subject to Gateway 3,4 & 5 approvals; and
3. Note that the likely cost range for the Cool Streets & Greening 4-year programme will be an estimated £1.7M per annum over 4 years – Total £6.8M.