The Director of Community and Children’s Services to be heard.
The Director of Community and Children’s Services was heard relative to the Academies Development Programme update. The following points were noted:
· For the two previous City co-sponsored academies, which joined CoLAT in September 2020, City of London Academy Islington had been dissolved and confirmation of this was also expected shortly for The City Academy, Hackney.
· The capital builds for both City of London Academy Highgate Hill and Newham Collegiate Sixth Form, which were previously reported to this committee, were originally expected to be considered by their respective local authority planning committees in April but were now delayed until June.
· The Delivery Service Plan planning conditions for City of London Primary Academy Islington were approved at the City’s May meeting of the Planning and Transportation Committee.
· The completion of City of London Academy Shoreditch Park had slipped from 24 May to 1 June, with the London Borough of Hackney and the contractor working with the academy to enable the move to take place during half term.
· City of London Primary Academy Islington remained on schedule for completion this June.
RESOLVED, that the update be received.