Report of the Director of the Built Environment
The Sub Committee considered a report of the Director of the Built Environment on the Cool Streets and Greening Programme of the Climate Action Strategy.
RESOLVED – That the Streets & Walkways Sub Committee:
1. Approve Option 1 Redesign of 6 existing projects to include climate resilience measures for implementation in Year 1 with individual Gateway 5 reports to be prepared for each project;
2. Approve a budget of £660K in principle for the design and installation of climate resilience measures on Year 1 projects to enable redesigns to be progressed;
3. Note that revenue costs of £114K associated with additional maintenance and monitoring will be funded from Climate Action Strategy (CAS) revenue budget;
4. Note the revised project budget for Year 1 of £980K (excluding risk) which was made up of £320K for evaluation and programme development approved at Gateway1/2 and £660K for design and implementation. In addition, revenue budgets of 114K over a period of 5 years for maintenance and monitoring of Year 1 projects would be required;
5. Note that progress has been made on other elements of the Cool Streets and Greening programme since the Gateway 2 approval in April and costs would be incurred during the remainder of 2021; and,
6. Note the total estimated cost of the project at £6.8M (excluding risk).