Report of the Commissioner.
Members received a report of the Commissioner regarding the National Lead Force. An update was provided on the following matters:
· Procurement of the next generation Fraud and Cyber Crime Reporting and Analysis Service and the focus on Victim Care.
· Disruption of the sale of counterfeit goods and the challenges faced post-Brexit.
· COLP to report back on what work could be done to intercept counterfeit goods in ports (e.g. working with Trading Standards) (4/2022/P).
· How the City of London Police planned to raise the profile of IP Crime, so that it might be taken more seriously.
· Threats to bypass Multi-Factor Authentication.
· Ongoing work on setting strategic objectives, with a view of fostering a more organised and co-ordinated response.
RESOLVED, that the update be noted.