Report of the Executive Director Environment.
A Member commented that the project was s278 only in respect of the £100K fees involved and suggested that the project be referred to the Capital Buildings Board, particularly in view of the contentious nature of the project’s process.
A Member commented that the Sub-Committee was considering the works in its capacity as a Highways Authority, and the meeting heard that the scope of this project was such that it would not go to the Capital Buildings Board.
RESOLVED, That the Committee:
1. Note that funding is subject to the capital programme review, and that the final decision on whether to proceed will be dependent on the outcome of that review and approval by the Operational Property and Projects Sub Committee.
2. Approve the commencement of the project;
3. Approve a budget of £100,000 (amount already received) for detailed design, engagement with stakeholders and survey work to reach the next gateway, as identified in Appendix 2;
4. Authorise officers to agree the works with the City Corporation as the Developer; and
5. Note the total estimated cost of the project at £3m-£4m (excluding risk).