Report of the Chief Strategy Officer.
The committee received a report of the Chief Strategy Officer.
The committee discussed the interplay between structural change and cultural change in an organisation and questioned what the vision of this programme of work was and how it could be realised.
In response to questions, officers advised that senior officers would undertake further engagement and that this was particularly relevant following the recent appointment of a new Town Clerk and Chief Executive. The committee discussed the collective approach between Members and Officers in evaluating and implementing those improvements identified by the Target Operating Model.
The committee discussed the need to communicate clearly with both current staff regarding prospective organisational changes and with possible job candidates regarding the history and responsibilities of the City of London Corporation.
RESOLVED – that the
· Note that the TOM programme has not yet finished and is anticipated to complete by the end of 2023.
· Note that some permanent finance savings have been made, and that the 12% savings (6% for DCCS) and TOM savings are still completing in some parts of the organisation.
· Note what the TOM programme has achieved to date, what has been delivered and where gaps remain.
· Note any lessons learnt from the process of implementing the TOM.
· Note this is an interim report: a final report will follow later in 2023.