Report of the Superintendent of Hampstead Heath.
Members considered a report of the Superintendent of Hampstead Heath regarding Fees and Charges 2018/19 and the following points were made.
· Simon Taylor (Hampstead Rugby Club) noted that the City of London Corporation needed to be clear that an increase in charges was being proposed at a time when the shower provision at the Athletic Track changing rooms was unsatisfactory, and the incidence of dog mess on rugby pitches on the increase. The Superintendent acknowledged those two issues and noted that the shower issue was being managed, and that staff would inspect pitches prior to games.
· In response to a comment from Michael Hammerson (Highgate Society) the Superintendent agreed to review whether some flexibility could be applied to the charges for skips.
· In response to a suggestion from Helen Payne (Friends of Kenwood) for residents’ parking tickets, the Superintendent noted that the proposed charges were in his view commensurate with charges levied for parking elsewhere.
· In response to a question from Nick Bradfield (Dartmouth Park Conservation Area Advisory Committee) the Superintendent noted that the Affordable Art Fair was not included in the schedule as the fair was granted an annual licence. The Superintendent agreed to explore the potential for an event on the Heath similar to the Battersea Park Affordable Art Fair.
· The Superintendent noted that he was proposing a new block booking charge for the Parliament Hill Athletics Track designed to reflect the cost of running the building.
· The views of the Hampstead Heath Consultative Committee be conveyed to the Hampstead Heath, Highgate Wood and Queen’s Park Committee at its November 2017 meeting.