Report of the Director of Community and Children’s Services.
The Committee received a report of the Director of Community and Children’s Services and noted the update. The City and Hackney Safeguarding Adults Board (CHSAB) is a statutory Board and it is a statutory requirement to produce an annual.
In summary during 2017/18:
· City of London partnership concluded its financial abuse awareness event. The CHSAB has taken up the mantle and is planning a follow-up campaign in 2018/19 to raise awareness among residents about how to keep safe and avoid financial abuse.
· City of London continues to build on its work with people who are socially isolated. We are involved in an initiative to address social isolation and loneliness for residents, which has the potential to reduce the likelihood of people becoming the subject of an adult safeguarding concern.
· City of London ran successful ‘Rough Sleeping’ event, signposting rough sleepers to appropriate services.
· City of London staff from all partner agencies attended the ‘Learning from Safeguarding Adults Reviews (SARs)’ workshops and have taken the learning back into their organisations.
· The Assistant Director for People and Community Services is the chair of the SARs sub-group and has led the group towards an evaluation of learning that identifies key themes to address in the strategic plan.