Joint report of the Chamberlain, Director of the Built Environment, Interim Director of Consumer Protection & Market Operations, and Director of Open Spaces.
The Committee considered a report of the Chamberlain, Director of the Built Environment, Interim Director of Consumer Protection and Market Operations, and Director of Open Spaces which sought the approval of the latest revenue budget for 2018/19 and provisional revenue budget for 2019/20, for subsequent submission to the Finance Committee.
Responding to a Member’s query on whether the transfer of responsibility for the Built Environment Directorate from this Committee to the Planning and Transportation Committee would affect matters discussed by the Committee, the Chairman confirmed that the Committee would continue to consider the same business as usual.
RESOLVED – That the Committee:
· note the latest 2018/19 revenue budget;
· review the provisional 2019/20 revenue budget to ensure that it reflects the Committee’s objectives and, if so, approve the budget for submission to the Finance Committee;
· review and approve the draft capital budget;
· agree additional funding of £3,492,000 in 2019/20 for the following items, which are over and above the resource base, subject to the agreement of Resource Allocation Sub Committee and Policy and Resources Committee:
o Waste Contract, £3,218,000 (para 16 of the report before Members)
o Air Quality, £99,000 (para 17 of the report before Members)
o Coroner & Mortuary, £175,000 (para 18) of the report before Members;
· agree the transfer of responsibility for the Built Environment Directorate from this Committee to the Planning and Transportation Committee and authorise the Chamberlain to make the necessary budget adjustments (para 24 of the report before Members);
· agree that approval for any minor changes arising from the completion of the asset verification exercise be delegated to the Chamberlain; and
· authorise the Chamberlain to revise these budgets for changes in respect of recharges.