Report of the Director of Community & Children’s Services.
Members received a report of the Director of Community & Children’s Services relative to the City Advice Service. The service received a £100,000 City’s Cash Grant, which was listed in the approved/proposed budgets for 2019/20 and 2020/21 financial years. Approval is to be sought from the Resource Allocation Sub-Committee for the continuation of the grant to the City Advice Service for a further three to five financial years to facilitate a new contract.
The following additional information regarding outputs and outcomes of the City Advise Service up to September was noted:
- 46 cases of individuals avoided repossession, including where a client or referrer indicated there was a threat of repossession;
- 104 cases of intervention of removing the threat of homelessness, including where a client or referrer indicated there was a risk of homelessness;
- 142 cases of care and support planning for vulnerable adults (meeting Care Act 2014 statutory requirements);
- 115 cases of debt reduction;
- Financial outcome of £859,694 for 231 cases, which includes all financial outcomes such as debt write off, benefits and entitlements. This was against a contract spend of £900,000;
- 410 cases of providing legal advice, excluding for matters of debt and welfare;
- 40 cases of successful tribunals and appeals;
- 42 cases of employment cases being resolved before court action;
- 4081 website page views and visits (from April-September 2019);
- some clients received more than one outcome in complex cases.
RESOLVED, that – the report be received and its contents noted.