Report of the Commissioner.
Members considered a report of the Commissioner regarding the City of London Police Provisional Revenue and Capital Budget 2020/21 and the following points were made.
· A Member noted that the budget should refer to the National Lead Force function.
· In response to a question, the Chief Operating and Financial Officer noted that the savings tracker was subject to monthly review by an officer-level working party, with a quarterly update provided to Members.
· A Member suggested that savings should be phased on a monthly basis to assist in identifying what saving lines were at risk in a timely fashion.
· The Commissioner assured Members that the bottom line of savings would be achieved by the Force.
· Members discussed to what extent they should direct what savings should be made by the Force to achieve its bottom line. The Deputy Chief Executive noted that, ultimately, the budget was approved by both the Finance Committee and the Court of Common Council. The Treasurer added that the City of London Corporation was seeking to integrate its business plans and budgets more effectively, which would have implications for the Force and the Board.
RESOLVED, that subject to comment made the provisional 2020/21 revenue budget be approved.