The APCC offers the following services to members:
· Provides Information on national policing policy issues and legislation.
· Consults PCCs to enable them to develop policy positions and to influence change.
· Facilitates the leadership of PCCs on national governance structures such as the College of Policing, National Crime Agency, Police Reform and Transformation Board and other police professional bodies (and fire and rescue bodies).
· Provides a range of opportunities for members to come together to debate and discuss national policing and criminal justice policy and engage with senior stakeholders.
· Assists PCCs to share practice and identify ways to achieve efficiencies through collaboration.
· Support those PCCs seeking to take on and fulfil fire and rescue governance responsibilities
By sharing best practice and identifying opportunities to work together, or paying for services jointly, the APCC helps PCCs be more efficient and effective.