This Sub-Committee is responsible for examining and reporting back on any applications for the Freedom referred to it by the Court of Common Council.
· the Chairman and the Deputy or Vice Chairman of the Policy & Resources Committee (or a nominee of each Member)
· two Aldermen nominated by the Court of Aldermen
· one Member of the Policy and Resources Committee, appointed by that Committee
· two Members elected by the Court of Common Council, at least one of whom shall have fewer than five years’ service on the Court at the time of their appointment
· the following ex-officio Members:-
o the Chief Commoner
o The immediate past Chief Commoner until the election by Common Council of his or her successor
o The Chief Commoner designate once elected by Common Council
Terms of Reference
a) To examine and report back on any applications for the Freedom referred to the Committee by the Court of Common Council.
b) To consider informally any non-livery nominations that may be referred to it, prior to their submission to the Court of Common Council.
c) To examine, consider, and report back on issues concerning the rules and principles relating to, and criteria for, the Freedom;
d) To consider matters relating to the general use of the Freedom, such as for City of London Corporation policy objectives;
e) To consider, and to provide guidance to Members of the Court of Common Council, and Livery Companies, on, the criteria for and processes relating to the award of the Freedom; and
f) To consider matters relating to the Honorary Freedom.
Support officer: Kate Doidge. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org